2017 Car Benefit Policies Around the World – Global Edition
Mercer’s new Car Benefit Policies Around the World (CBP) report presents information on car benefit programs all over the globe. It offers a consistent set of data related to car benefit policies, and provides HR managers with a deeper understanding of how policies differ by country and region. This publication examines the trends of car benefits over a decade and gives a clear picture of the current state of car benefits globally.
Digital download .PDF – Secure link sent via email
Around the world today, organizations are exploring more effective ways to retain and attract key talent. One key area of focus for many companies is the provision of car-related benefits, such as a company-provided vehicle or car allowance.
Presenting a consistent set of global data related to car benefit policies, this new publication provides HR managers with a deeper understanding of how policies differ by country and region. It contains the most current information available on car benefit polices in 88 markets so that HR professionals can remain on top of policy trends, and provides indices that are critical to those individuals responsible for crafting a car policy.
This publication includes core policy data for 88 markets and detailed information for 45 markets. The report presents data for five career levels common to most organizations (head of organization, executive, management, professional – sales, and professional – nonsales), and information is organized into the following sections:
- The Quick Reference Tables contain core policy data for 88 markets; including car benefit eligibility, company-provided vehicles, replacement policies and additional costs, and car allowances.
- The Car Benefit Policies section provides information on frequency of car benefit policy review, steps taken towards a greener car benefit program, factors considered in determining business need for car benefit, type of car benefit for each employee, frequency of vehicle replacement.
- The Company-Owned Vehicles section provides information on vehicle types and company coverage of fuel, insurance, and maintenance costs.
- The Company-Leased Vehicles section provides information on vehicle types and company coverage of fuel, insurance, and maintenance costs.
- The Car Allowances section offers information on factors considered when determining car allowance amount, monthly allowance amounts, and reimbursement of other vehicle expenses.
All EMPLOYEE INCENTIVES, COSTS & POLICY REPORTS
Paternity leave is not a statutory requirement in many countries, but it is common for companies to provide two to five days of paid paternal leave at the time of birth. Through its Global Parental Leave Report, Mercer has conducted extensive research into maternity, paternity, adoption and other family leave.
Is your parental leave plan in line with your market?
This year 30% of companies surveyed plan to increase paternity leave benefits, see the details. LEARN MORE
Who are are the top 10 countries providing paternity leave?
Several the top 10 countries do not require companies to provide paid paternity leave, but many firms do so anyway. Do you live in one of these 10 countries? Unites States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, India, Hong Kong, Argentina, Singapore, Japan, Ireland. READ MORE
What are the attitudes of supplemental leave by country?
Criteria for leave eligibility vary by policy type, country and company. On the whole, the view of family and gender roles is more progressive when defining eligibility for paternity leave. 41% of companies provide part-time employees the same supplementary maternity benefits as their full-time employees. FIND OUT MORE STATS HERE