Global Parental Leave Report
This report is a country-by-country study on maternity, paternity, adoption and other family leave and related return to work and support arrangements. With over 1,500 companies providing data for their operations, the results will help you evaluate paid time-off practices for parents in almost 50 countries around the world. Ensure you have the most up-to-date information on how companies are addressing this global hot topic.
Digital download .PDF – Secure link sent via email
Based on a global survey conducted between March and April 2016, this report brings current and hard-to-find information to HR managers around the world. Presenting key global findings and detailed country results, the report provides companies with valuable insight into one of the most rapidly changing areas of employee benefits. Readers can learn how to gauge market standards for parental leave above that offered by statutes and help advance internal conversations about the cost-benefits of certain benefits, pay, and work environment that can lead to more engaged workers.
How can the Global Parental Leave Report help you?
Is your parental leave plan in line with your market?
Starting and spending time with family is one of the biggest priorities for employees worldwide. Learn how your organization is poised to cater to employees in your market based on your parental leave program.
Which markets offer the best paternity leave?
Many of the countries that feature the best paternity leave for employees have no statutory requirement on the matter. See which markets are leading the way in this new but increasingly important employee benefit area.
How do employers’ attitudes towards supplemental leave vary by geography?
Criteria for leave eligibility vary by policy type, country and company. On the whole, the view of family and gender roles is more progressive when defining eligibility for paternity leave.
The Global Parental Leave Report is organized into three main sections:
- The Summary of Key Findings provides an overview of findings from all participating companies. It compares trends and highlights across regions and industries, including a summary for each region included in the report.
- The Region sections contain individual country pages, with information on statutory requirements for maternity, paternity and parental leave; general policy information; as well as details on maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption leave, miscarriage leave, and family care leave.
- The About this Report section includes methodologies for data gathering and cleaning in the report and a glossary of key definitions used throughout this report.
More Product Details
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East
- Prevalence of policies
- Number of fully paid, partially paid, and unpaid leave days
- Rate of pay for partially paid days
- Employee eligibility
- Statutory requirements
- General policy information
- Maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Adoption leave
- Miscarriage leave
- Family care leave