HR Guide to Doing Business in the Caribbean
This report helps businesses make informed decisions when setting up operations in the Caribbean. Based on Mercer’s extensive market experience and thorough research, this guide offers business-critical data relating to Caribbean economies, compensation practices, business environments, and cultures.
Digital download .PDF – Secure link sent via email
Though often regarded as a collection of vacation destinations, the Caribbean offers intriguing business opportunities to those willing and able to find them. Whether organizations are looking for advantageous tax regimes, markets with expertise in international finance, or under-tapped labor pools, the Caribbean region features an diversity of business environments that may meet the needs of companies from around the world.
This HR Guide to Doing Business in the Caribbean is a reliable tool for those organizations looking to begin or expand their business in the region. Featuring reliable data on the business portfolio, labor practices, and mobility complications of operating in 12 distinct markets, this guide is the perfect tool of HR personnel, business managers, and entrepreneurs looking to do business in the Caribbean.
The HR Guide to Doing Business in the Caribbean is composed of seven main sections:
- The Country Overview section consists of individual guides with demographic, economic, and other high-level information for each market in the report.
- The Business Landscape offers business-critical information for organizations looking to invest in the region. This section features such data as:
- National rankings in key metrics
- Top three economic sectors
- Foreign direct investment portfolio
- Key imports and exports
- Tax overview
- The Working Time and Leave section includes standard working hours, work schedules, and public holiday schedules for each market in the report.
- The Salary Practices section covers minimum wage rates and monthly minimum wage requirements for employees in each market.
- The Benefits section covers each market’s social security system and requirements.
- The Expatriate Considerations addresses immigration, residency, housing, and business etiquette concerns for internationals living and working in the region.
- The About this Report section delineates the methods of data gathering and cleaning used for the report and lists key definitions.
More Product Details
Countries included in this report:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Dominican Republic
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
Already a Mercer Select Intelligence member? You may already have access to this report. Login to your MSI account today to find out.