Short-Term Incentives Around the World Report
This report provides HR managers with up-to-date information on short-term incentive figures and strategies. The report offers country-level data on the provision of short-term incentives for six distinct career levels across 16 job families, as well as the target and actual payout for this type of compensation.
It also provides regional comparisons and three-year trends to help decision makers understand what the future may hold and anticipate market changes.
Digital download .PDF – Secure link sent via email
The publication contains critical data on short-term incentive packages offered around the world, covering 87 markets in 71 countries. Specifically, readers can gain insight into the percentage of employees receiving short-term incentives (STI), the actual STI as a percentage of base salary, and the targeted STI based on a percentage of base salary in each of these markets. The publication displays this information by career level and job family, allowing report users to mine insights into how incentive eligibility and award levels differ by geography and career level.
This HR research report summary helps human resources professionals by providing a quick reference guide for fast and informed decision-making. Several key questions about variable pay are answered including:
- What are incentives?
- What general categories do incentives fall under?
- What type of criteria do companies typically use for short-term incentives?
- What are common types of short-term incentives?
- What are some considerations when designing variable pay plans?
How can Short-Term Incentives Around the World help you?
How do companies around the world determine who receives short-term incentives?
Although all markets are different, the most common factors in determining eligibility for STIs are career level and job family. Consider how these might vary in your market, and how STIs impact your operations.
How quickly can the prevalence of short-term incentives in my market change?
Under the right circumstances, faster than you think! Unique industry factors (i.e., the emergence of new technologies) and economic conditions can cause a boom in short-term incentives. Don’t get left behind!
Are short-term incentives even relevant in my market?
Well, that all depends, but with 71 countries and 84 markets covered, this report is one way to know for sure!
Short-Term Incentives Around the World examines six common career levels across 16 major job families to ensure that you have the specific information you need to make compensation strategy decisions. The report is organized into three main sections:
- The Summary of Key Findings offers high-level analysis of global results, taking into consideration three different perspectives: incentives by career level, incentives by job family, and historical perspective.
- The Regional Overview provides tables and graphs on eligibility (represented by percentage of employees receiving incentives) and actual and target incentives (incentives as a percentage of base salary) to employees in six different career levels.
- The Methodology section delineates the methods used in the report and lists key definitions.
More Product Details
71 countries. 87 markets.
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- STI prevalence
- Actual and target incentives, as a percentage of base salary
Career levels considered
- Management – Manager
- Management – Supervisor and team leader
- Professional – Senior
- Professional – Experienced
Job families considered
- Contact center
- Corporate affairs
- Finance and accounting
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Quality assurance
- Research and development
- Sales and marketing
- Supply and logistics
- Top management